[asterisk-users] Other apps checking Day/Night

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Oct 13 06:58:32 CDT 2007

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 11:34:39AM -0400, C. Duncan Hudson wrote:
> I'm fairly new to Asterisk, so please bear with me if this is silly
> question.  I'd like to run a script on my server that would take the
> "Call now to order" banner off my website automatically when I put my
> phone system on night.  I can handle the webserver side of things, but I
> don't know where to begin on the Asterisk side of things - can a simple
> script be run to check the value of the day/night condition, or is that
> value written somewhere that I could check or poll?  Any help / ideas
> are really appreciated.  Thanks in advance,

If your dialplan does not poll the filesystem / database for each call,
consider actively flipping a flag in Asterisk. This can be done by
setting a value in the Asterisk database or setting a global variable
through the manager interface or or a call file.

Someone mentioned poking a hole. Unless you use sudo or something
euivalent then yes, the ability to generate a call today allows
quite too much.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com