[asterisk-users] Affordable SIP Trunk for Home PBX ?

Baji Panchumarti baji.panchumarti at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 22:41:37 CDT 2007

 On 10/12/07, Mojo wrote:

> Mojo wrote:
> > Steve Edwards wrote:
> >
> >> You can use IAX or SIP with either provider.
> >>

> > Just realized though, they claim there are audio problems
> > when using their servers via the iax protocol.  They
> > recommend you use SIP to connect to them.
> >

> Should have clarified, this point was referring to *vitelity's* service.

 In my experience with Teliax ( around 6 months ), their SIP
 calls work almost flawlessly, but their  iax2  calls are cracklely
 at times, some noise and breaks every few seconds.

 At first I thought it might be my asterisk box, but when I
 connect to it from an iax softphone it sounds really great,
 and SIP via teliax also sounds nearly as good, it had
 to be their  iax.

 -baji.