[asterisk-users] really sorry about this - E1 vs T1

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Fri Oct 12 21:41:11 CDT 2007

Matthew Fredrickson wrote:

> Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:
>> I am *really* sorry about hijacking this thread, but the only way I can
>> post to the -user list is by replying to another thread. (btw, this is
>> getting really annoying. Please, Digium, sort the filters out!)
>>
>> I installed my super-duper new TE412P card today, without remembering to
>> check the settings for T1/E1.
>>
>> As the server is now a hundred miles away, is there
>>
>> a) Any way of checking what setting is in place
>> b) Changing that setting
>>
>> without having to physically remove the card and see ?
>
> Yes, see the t1e1override module parameter in wct4xxp/base.c. IIRC, it's
> 0xff to hard code to E1 mode, and set it to 0 for T1 mode.  -1 is to use
> the jumper settings.

ztcfg -vv
will tell you the number of channels, so you can tell whether
the card is in T1 or E1 mode.

You can use

rmmod wct4xxp
modprobe wct4xxp t1e1override=0xFF
ztcfg -s
ztcfg -vv

to switch all port on the card to E1 or 0x00 to switch to T1.
(*not* permanent)

To do a permanent change you could edit /etc/default/zaptel
(Debian and CentOS) or /etc/sysconfig/zaptel (CentOS).
Look for wct4xxp_ARGS.

Regards,
  Philipp Kempgen

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
    Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998