[asterisk-users] Distributed FAX - How to best complement asterisk ?

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Oct 12 20:37:29 CDT 2007

Hi!

>   2. On the remaining locations "we have a problem"
>       which I have been studying and trying to address...
>       Faxing over IP.

There might be yet another option for you to consider:

Some of the bigger MFC printer/copy/fax combo devices by Brother (and
maybe also other vendors?) provide a fax-via-smtp feature and can built
fax networks that way. I haven't tested that yet myself, but it might be
worth a look given the fact that T.38 can't really be said to be a "rock
solid" solution.

But then: Are you sure you want to rely 100% on IP only in your satellite
offices? It might be wise to have 1 (analog?) line installed anyway.

Cheers, Philipp