[asterisk-users] Affordable SIP Trunk for Home PBX ?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Oct 12 18:40:03 CDT 2007

I've used Vitelity.net for several years and am reasonably happy with
them.

You can get DID's from any area code you want for $1.49 a month with per
minute rates between $0.011 and $0.0149.

I also use Nufone.net for outbound. Their DID's cost $5.00 a month so I
don't have one :)

Nufone let's you set the caller id number on outbound calls which is
useful for accessing your cell phone voice mail or "directing" return
calls to your office or cell.

You can use IAX or SIP with either provider.

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007, Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC wrote:

> I agree with the suggestions of Teliax, and I also use
> http://vitelity.net/  -- you can rent 800# DIDs from them for
> $0.50/month plus minutes, and I think their US minutes are like $0.02 or so
>
> Moj
>
> D4rk F1ber wrote:
>> So I have my asterisk box up and working internally at home and all is
>> good so far.  The next thing I wanted to do was make and recieve calls
>> to regular land lines now.
>>
>> I don't have a POTS line and was looking for probably a SIP trunk.
>>
>> I have seen mentions of Skype integration with Asterisk, but does that
>> include say Skype IN and Skype OUT ?  Or is that integration component
>> really just for being able to contact skype users?
>>
>> Looking for the easiest and cheapest way to reach the PSTN, and well
>> the options out there are plenty regarding SIP trunks, but most tend
>> to be geared towards businesses for obvious reasons.
>>
>> Curious what others are using, and if anyone can make some
>> recommendations?  Not sure if this has been covered already on the
>> list, and not sure if recommending companies are allowed, so maybe I
>> need get replies off list?

Thanks in advance,