[asterisk-users] Asterisk-gui

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Fri Oct 12 12:55:12 CDT 2007

On Friday 12 October 2007 10:45:52 Steve Totaro wrote:
> FaberK wrote:
> > I've just started to see that Asterisk-gui from Digium.
> > Does anybody know, when the first official-realese will be released?
>
> I may be totally wrong but at Astricon, during the "What's New at
> Digium" (SwitchVox purchase) I asked the question of what would happen
> to AsteriskNow to one of the Adtran/Digium guys.
>
> There was not a real direct answer, I will try to quote as best I can
> from memory.  He simply said "It will remain opensource."
>
> I take that to mean that they will not be developing it anymore and it
> is up to the community to further the project.  Why would Digium
> continue to develop a GUI for free that would compete with SwitchVox (or
> whatever they change the name to).
>
> Maybe I am wrong.

I don't think a decision has been made yet either way, although I am not a
party to those discussions.  Contributions are always welcomed, no matter
where the main development of asterisk-gui is occurring, though.  So if
the community wants asterisk-gui to remain alive and there's someone willing
to devote development resources, then it will remain an active project for
some time to come.

--
Tilghman