[asterisk-users] Affordable SIP Trunk for Home PBX ?

D4rk F1ber d4rkf1br at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 12:42:29 CDT 2007

So I have my asterisk box up and working internally at home and all is
good so far.  The next thing I wanted to do was make and recieve calls
to regular land lines now.

I don't have a POTS line and was looking for probably a SIP trunk.

I have seen mentions of Skype integration with Asterisk, but does that
include say Skype IN and Skype OUT ?  Or is that integration component
really just for being able to contact skype users?

Looking for the easiest and cheapest way to reach the PSTN, and well
the options out there are plenty regarding SIP trunks, but most tend
to be geared towards businesses for obvious reasons.

Curious what others are using, and if anyone can make some
recommendations?  Not sure if this has been covered already on the
list, and not sure if recommending companies are allowed, so maybe I
need get replies off list?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.