[asterisk-users] My G729 problem re-visited

Scott Moseman scmoseman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 11:21:50 CDT 2007

No ideas on this one from anyone?  I suppose I'm going to need to pay
for some Digium support because this is a really unusual problem.
Does anyone else have a gateway that speaks g729 to Asterisk and
works?  For whatever reason, Asterisk refuses to reply back to any of
my gateways using g729.  Phone (g729) to phone (g729) works.  Phone
(g729) to Asterisk to gateway (g711) works.  But attempt g729 between
Asterisk and a gateway and it fails -- every time.  Asterisk responds
to the gateway but never includes any codecs in the packet, unless
it's g711.  My configurations are shown below.

Thanks,
Scott