[asterisk-users] How to use an Application from inside an Application?

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Fri Oct 12 08:26:10 CDT 2007

Pirlouwi wrote:
> Hello,
> I wonder if there is a way to build my own asterisk application (let us
> say apps/app_myappl.c),
> and to launch other existing applications from it (for example, doing an
> apps/app_dial.c, or others).
>
> Could someone highlight me on that?
> thx
> Pirlouwi.

Even better question for me is if Asterisk can call libraries not
written in C, but that export their routines under cdecl calling
convention.  This might be a better question for dev lists though.

I'd really like to start writing some .so libraries for use within
Asterisk without having to use AGI.

--

Lee