[asterisk-users] Difference between trunk and released versions

Yehavi Bourvine +972-8-9489444 YEHAVI at VMS.HUJI.AC.IL
Thu Oct 11 09:34:00 CDT 2007

Hello,

  Up to a while ago I thought that the "released" versions are checkpoints of
the "trunk" versions; however, now I understand they are not, as I see
differences between the two trains. So, what is the relation between them?

  Examples for differences:

- When the language is different than Engligh the trunk version is reading
  numbers from /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/Lang-Name/digits while the release
  version is using  /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/digits/Lang-Name

- MAILBOX_EXISTS function is replaced with MailboxExists application.

- External IVR has no way to exit from the program under the release version...
  The documentation is correct with the trunk version.

                                 Thanks! __Yehavi: