[asterisk-users] How to order audio codecs...

Brian West brian.west at mac.com
Wed Oct 10 11:23:43 CDT 2007

if you have allow=g729,ulaw and you want to use g729 but the current
channel is ulaw it will pick ulaw over g729 because it wants to
escape doing any transcoding if possible.

The best way to do this is setup different peers with different allow
lines to force the outbound leg to the codec you wish.

/b