[asterisk-users] get egress SIP call Id

Ray Chen ray1017 at techie.com
Wed Oct 10 10:57:08 CDT 2007

Yes, Ben you are right. Asterisk is a B2BUA.  When the call passes
through the ingress and egress sip call ids are different. By using
$SIPCALLID I can easily get the sip call id that User A sends. The
question is how to "accessing SIP callid of the INVITE sent to User B"?
By senting Manager interface channel query  commands I can get the egress
sip call id but it is not that easy. Just want to know if there is any a
simple way to do that. Thanks a lot. Ray

  Hello Steve,
  I think Ray was talking more like the following setup (do correct me
  if
  I am wrong):

  User A (SIPcallId1) ---> Asterisk (SIPcallId2) ------> User B

  In this case, the INVITE SIP callId received by Asterisk from User A
  is
  different to that sent in the INVITE to User B.
  I can get User A's callId using ${SIPCALLID}. How about accessing SIP
  callid of the INVITE sent to User B??
  Typical need for this, is to store both the callIds to store in the
  CDRs
  for debugging purposes(w.r.t. the service provider, et al).

  cheerz
  - Ben.

--
Want an e-mail address like mine?