[asterisk-users] IAX2 Trunking behind firewall with no inbound rules

Ray Seals rayseals at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 10:01:33 CDT 2007

I have an Asterisk box behind a firewall at home with an IAX2 trunk to a
provider.  When I loose the Internet connection I have to perform an "iax2
reload" to bring the trunk back up.  This is because of the firewall
configuration.  I do not have a port translation through the firewall so
that the IAX2 trunk provider can make a connection into me and I would
really like to keep it that way.

Is there a way to setup the iax2 configuration so that if it looses the
connection it can automatically try to re-establish the trunk?

--
Ray