[asterisk-users] Asterisk Realtime woes

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 22:20:52 CDT 2007

> I have configured asterisk realtime to work with two servers and a
> seperate MySQL DB.
>
> Each sip client registers which server it is connected to in the MySQL DB.
> This works great as long as the clients are
>
> 1. On the same network
> 2. Behind a NAT and connected to the same asterisk server as the caller.
>
> However I need this configuration to work for "NAT-ed" clients on
> different asterisk servers in an HA environment(Loadbalanced).

You need to do a local PBX lookup for the extension, if not present then do
a DUNDi lookup to the peer PBX and pass the call over there.  Also keep
rtcachefriends=yes enabled so asterisk caches the sip registrations.  You
can also just dip the database and get the 'ipaddr' and 'port' info to call
the extension directly.

Give this a read if you haven't already.

www.astricon.net/files/usa06/Friday-General_Conference/JR_Richardson_Whitepa
per.pdf

Good luck.

JR