[asterisk-users] DS3 Interface

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Tue Oct 9 15:39:17 CDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 10:14 -0400, Matt wrote:
> Before you put any work into this... ask yourself... what exactly are
> you hoping to accomplish?   There is no way one system can handle a
> DS3s worth of traffic... therefore, what good would this do?

I presume you can compare it with an ETSI C3 (34Mb instead of 45Mb)
Sometime offices are interconnected with them, and only a part of them
(a quarter) is used for telephony. In such cases, you would handle 120
lines.

And would latest systems not be able to cope with 480 lines?
Those beasts like hp580-G5 are probably heavy enough
(four quad cores, 128GB mem)

Only fact against such config, is that it would be a major SPOF.

HW