[asterisk-users] "Click to Talk" Web Applications with Asterisk

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Tue Oct 9 15:29:49 CDT 2007

Am Dienstag, den 09.10.2007, 14:23 -0500 schrieb Ricardo Melendez:
> Hi, I would like to develop a “click to talk” app to interface with
> asterisk, anyone know about some SDK/frameworks to implement this.

I have not ever used such an application, but there are several
solutions commercially available. If your intention is getting a
solution, you might consider spending money. If your intention is
learning, the better - but sorry, I cannot give adequate pointers there.
I remember there were open source puzzles parts that could be mended to
something like a web click-to-call app, might be the term "jiaxclient"
relates to that. Do not count to much of that, my brain is getting old.

I do not want to advertise a specific solution, but you could search the
mailing list archives - "click to call" might be a subject worth
reading. You could also look for something like "IAX Client JAVA". I bet
there is also some information to be found on voip-info.org. I think at
least one vendor offers free trial versions so you could at least test
wether the concept is viable, and then decide to either spend money or
time on the project.

I hope you did not trigger one of those "Hey, I have a solution for
you", "hey, this is a non-commercial-list", "go die" flamewar - we had
enough of those ;-)

Best regards,

Anselm