[asterisk-users] DS3 Interface

Patrick asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 9 09:55:09 CDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 10:14 -0400, Matt wrote:
> Before you put any work into this... ask yourself... what exactly are
> you hoping to accomplish?

I can imagine it be used as a TDM-SIP gateway but if I needed such a box
I'd rather go for a Lucent MaxTNT, Lucent APX8000 or a Cisco 5xxx or
look at FreeSWITCH which by design seems more suitable for these kind of
high performance applications.

> There is no way one system can handle a DS3s worth of traffic...
> therefore, what good would this do?

Why wouldn't today's powerful quadcore servers with Gigabit Ethernet
interfaces not be able to handle less than 100Mbit/s synchronous
traffic? Please enlighten me as I am no expert here.

Regards,
Patrick