[asterisk-users] Odd router behavior when using 'w' in SendDTMF

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 09:43:34 CDT 2007

Hey,

This is weird, I wonder if anyone has an explanation? If I call a SIP
server and inject DTMF with a wait in it, my router will then lock up
causing asterisk to lose Internet connectivity obviously, but also
making it very hard to see what happens. It appears that if there are
no 'w' in the DTMF string, it doesn't lock up. Anyone have any guesses
on this? I called a local extension, and the tones sound perfectly
normal and are delayed just the right amount and played properly to
the channel.