[asterisk-users] Voice server

Vincent vincent.delporte at bigfoot.com
Mon Oct 8 04:07:35 CDT 2007

Hello

Now that I received an OpenVox PCI card
(www.openvox.com.cn/products_detail.php?genre_id=9&id=28), I'm ready
to try and set up a voice server with Asterisk.

We need the following features:
1. When customers call in, they should hear a voice menu asking them
which software they're calling about
2. Next, they should be able to leave a voice message to explain what
their problem is
3. Next, Asterisk should send an e-mail to an alias that includes all
the people involved with the software
4. Finally, anyone involved should be able to listen to the voice
message and call the customer back.

I guess Asterisk can do all this easily. As for listening to voice
mail, some of the people are off-site so I guess I should either set
them up with SIP phones to let them connect to Asterisk through the
Net, or have Asterisk save messages as WAV files and upload them to a
web server so people can just click on the file to listen to the
message.

Has someone done such project and could give me some tips?

Thank you.