[asterisk-users] Injecting a sound file into a bridged call

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Mon Oct 8 07:10:00 CDT 2007

On 08/10/2007, Girts Graudins <girts.graudins at connectandsell.com> wrote:
> > I'm looking for a way to play a sound file to an already established
> > bridged call.  It is meant for one party, but it's ok if both parties
> > would hear it.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to trigger this from the
> > Management Interface with something like:

I'm also in need for such functionality, the only difference is that i need
for both channels to hear the message. As i have read press releases, there
will be something similar available in 1.6. If you succeed, please give us a
note - how it can be done.

> > 2)      I've seen "whisper"-type of functionality associated with meetme
> > rooms, but I'd rather not set up a dynamic meetme room for each call I'm
> > bridging;

Well, you can create conference dynamically whenever you need to play the
file. I started working on this, and have found several bugs regarding this,
but they should be fixed in 1.4.12

Idea is to Redirect() trough AMI both channels to dynamical conference, and
then attach call with Playback() to the same conference. For now, the
Redirect() part is working fine, but due to lack of time, i haven't got
further.

On Monday 08 October 2007 14:13:38 Jaswinder Singh wrote:
> See chanspy in asterisk 1.4 , it also has a whisper mode and you can talk
> to one party http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+ChanSpy . But
> i dont know  how to play  a recorded file in it .

My collegues tried this but unsuccessfully. The basic idea is to use local
channels - one is bridged to Chanspy() and second to Playback(). I'm not sure
what is the problem, but theoretically also this should work.

Regards,
Atis

--
Atis Lezdins