[asterisk-users] Injecting a sound file into a bridged call

Girts Graudins girts.graudins at connectandsell.com
Mon Oct 8 03:13:07 CDT 2007

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a way to play a sound file to an already established bridged
call.  It is meant for one party, but it's ok if both parties would hear it.
Ideally, I'd like to be able to trigger this from the Management Interface
with something like:

Action: Playback

File: tt-weasels

Channel: Zap/nn

However, I haven't seen anything like that being available, so I'm looking
for other suggestions.

The critical pieces are as follows:

1)      I need to be able to initiate this as an outside event/command; like
I said, MI would be ideal;

2)      I've seen "whisper"-type of functionality associated with meetme
rooms, but I'd rather not set up a dynamic meetme room for each call I'm
bridging;

3)      Obviously there's Playback() and Background() available in the
dialplan, but I need to be able to trigger the sound at will after the
call's already been established.

This sounds like a simple thing to wish for, yet I don't see a ready answer.
Any tips would be appreciated.

TIA,

Girts