[asterisk-users] Curiosity Max Calls

Steve Totaro stotaro at mail.schoffstall.com
Sun Oct 7 15:23:27 CDT 2007

SIP is only one piece of the puzzle.

This will show you the max calls using SIP but what about TDM? What
about IAX?

I have seen 95 simultaneous calls come in over a PRI with NFAS (Sangoma)
eating 60%-70% of the CPU (HP DL320 3ghz single core with a gig of RAM)
with no codec conversion. Ulaw all the way, just TDM to SIP handoff.

I wonder about these 8 port cards. How beefy of a server would you need
to light up all the channels in the same scenario as above.

How about the once announced Digium DS3 card (that I never saw come to
market), that board must have some powerful onboard circuits or require
a very powerful server SGI Numalink setup. I guess with dual procs and
quad core systems, maybe thats not an issue anymore.

Thanks,
Steve