[asterisk-users] Change verbose level

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Oct 6 13:41:38 CDT 2007

On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 12:27:30AM -0500, Pablo Almido wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> How I can change default level in asterisk from 3 level to 7level,
> using the script    /etc/init.d/asterisk

Why?

Even by default verbosity level 3 is too high (unless you really want to
debug things). It floods the logs with senseless messsages and hides the
real ones.

What important messages do you miss?

What init.d script do you use? There are various ones in Asterisk's
distribution.

I figure you need -Fvvvvvvv for detached operation or -vvvvvvv for
non-detached operation.

You can also use /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf to set some defaults. Sadly
this can have some confusing results, as asterisk.conf settings override
command-line setting. This is not what you normally expect in programs.
See
http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/branches/1.4/doc/asterisk-conf.txt

And if this is is for a single operation: just run Asterisk manually:

  asterisk -Uasterisk -cvvvvvvvv

to check what's wrong.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen