[asterisk-users] Which LDAP OID for iphones

Eric Chamberlain eric at voxilla.com
Fri Oct 5 14:16:47 CDT 2007

The idea of adding every network device to directories was popular five years ago, but didn't really move beyond iPlanet, NDS, and AD marketing and a few enterprise network management solutions.

Unless you have a specific application this sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

Typically you want to associate your devices with other records (logs, etc.), making a relational database a much easier to manage solution with fewer moving parts.

--

Eric Chamberlain, CISSP

Chief Technical Officer

Voxilla - http://voxilla.com/