[asterisk-users] extensions.conf vs. AEL

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Fri Oct 5 10:40:26 CDT 2007

> I just got the 2nd edition Asterisk book from O'Reilly, and was
surprised
> to find nothing in there about AEL, except a mention of extensions.ael
on
> page 471.

This is too bad.  A preliminary chapter, an intro into AEL, why it's
valuable, etc. would have been very welcome.  Even an appendix of a few
pages with examples and references to on-line documentation would have
been helpful.  I don't think I want to wait for the 3rd edition.
Perhaps the Asterisk Cookbook will have some AEL stuff in it...

-MC