[asterisk-users] Ping

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Fri Oct 5 06:41:38 CDT 2007

Doug Lytle wrote:
> Nothing from me is posting to the list.

Sure, that comes though.  I've been trying to post the below message:

Does anybody have some scripts that will pound an Asterisk system?

I wanted to see how many channels I could produce on my test system
before it would be die.  I thought I would be able to use local channels
to bridge two conference rooms that would play music.  My Plan was to
generate as many channels necessary, before the system would crash.
After using the below script; generating just one bridged conference,
the system will no longer respond to stop now.  It will respond to some
commands for a short time.  The only way to stop the Asterisk service is
to do a killall -9 asterisk.

My call file:

Channel: Local/35*@sip/n
CallerID: Testing <5574>
WaitTime: 5
MaxRetries: 0
Application: meetme
Data: 1002|Mpqdw

Extension 35* snippet:

exten => 35*,1,Answer()
exten => 35*,n,SetMusicOnHold(conference)
exten => 35*,n,Meetme(1001|Mpqdw)
exten => 35*,n,Hangup()

Output from the console:

   -- Attempting call on Local/35*@sip/n for application
meetme(1002|Mpqdw) (Retry 1)
   -- Executing [35*@sip:1] Answer("Local/35*@sip-8079,2", "") in new stack
[Oct  4 07:50:07] WARNING[10749]: pbx.c:5141 ast_pbx_outgoing_app:
Local/35*@sip-8079,1 already has a call record??
      > Channel Local/35*@sip-8079,1 was answered.
      > Launching meetme(1002|Mpqdw) on Local/35*@sip-8079,1
[Oct  4 07:50:07] WARNING[10749]: channel.c:3236 ast_request: No channel
type registered for 'zap'
   -- Created MeetMe conference 1023 for conference '1002'
   -- Executing [35*@sip:2] SetMusicOnHold("Local/35*@sip-8079,2",
"conference") in new stack
   -- Executing [35*@sip:3] MeetMe("Local/35*@sip-8079,2", "1001|Mpqdw")
in new stack
[Oct  4 07:50:07] WARNING[10750]: channel.c:3236 ast_request: No channel
type registered for 'zap'
   -- Created MeetMe conference 1022 for conference '1001'
   -- Started music on hold, class 'conference', on Local/35*@sip-8079,2
   -- Started music on hold, class 'default', on Local/35*@sip-8079,1

Somebody have a better way of testing?

Thanks,