[asterisk-users] Setting caller id value on outgoing calls using .call files

Arpit Mehta am2866 at columbia.edu
Thu Oct 4 15:10:09 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I was looking at a way to add the caller id to the outgoing calls (which are
made using .call files) using asterisk. Any ideas how to do this ?
Currently I get 'Unknown' number displayed on my phone when asterisk makes
an outgoing call.

Also using something like this is not working as it still displays unknown
number. I want set the callerid on the 1.call which is made.

exten => _.,4,Set(CALLERID(all)=Joe <911>)
exten => _.,5,system(cp /var/spool/asterisk/1.call
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/)

Any suggestions how to do that.

Thanks a lot.

Regards