[asterisk-users] Using PHP to reload extensions

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 21:10:58 CDT 2007

If you are running the script from a web server, the script gets
executed with the web server process permissions, hence, probably does
not have access to /var/run/asterisk.ctl.

You can give permissions to your web server, or better yet, dont
execute the command using shell_exec, better open a socket connection
to the Asterisk manager and execute Action: Command
Command: extensions reload

Regards

On 10/3/07, Michael Munger <michael at highpoweredhelp.com> wrote:

> I am trying to use PHP to reload the extensions in an Asterisk installation.
> I keep getting this error:
>
>  Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk.ctl exist?)
> when I run the script by visiting the URL; however, if I run the script from
> the command line, it runs just fine (works perfect, actually).
>
>  I think it is permissions related. Does anyone have any ideas?
>
>  <php
>          $output = shell_exec('asterisk -rx"extensions reload"');
>          echo $output;
>  ?>
>

> Yours,
>
> Michael Munger, dCAP
>
> 404-438-2128
>
> michael at highpoweredhelp.com

"Within C++, there is a much smaller and cleaner language struggling
to get out."