[asterisk-users] How to get asterisk to take a dump?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Oct 3 12:48:37 CDT 2007

I have an asterisk process that is consuming over 100mb (according to
"top"). "Show channels" says "167 active channels and 53 active calls."

It's an old install -- 1.2.7.1, but it has custom code that needs to be
updated before moving to a more recent release.

I'm assuming that 100mb is indicative of a memory leak (probably in my
code).

How can I get a dump (preferably without disrupting production) so I can
poke around in it (using gdb) and what's a good strategy for finding
memory leaks?

Thanks in advance,