[asterisk-users] Resolving digit strings using pound/hash.

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 wacker at octothorp.org
Wed Oct 3 07:41:08 CDT 2007

Hi all,

      The thing that has bugged me about Asterisk since I first started
playing with it, is the fact that the pound sign/hash/octothorp doesn't
resolve digit conflicts or cancel timing on a variable length string such
as a tie line code or when you call numbers in a country whose length can
be different between numbers in the same plan.  In North America, we see
this when calling places such as Germany.  Thanks to Atis, this now seems
to work properly in DISA fixed via bug 10754.  Can we please have this
effect expanded to cover all cases where Asterisk collects digits such as
dialing into an IVR, zap FXS channel, and everywhere else.

           Thanks.

--
Bill in Denver