[asterisk-users] meetme conference using g729?

Peter Fern pete at keypoint.com.au
Wed Oct 3 06:09:01 CDT 2007

Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> Or, in other words, you cannot mix compressed data.  You must first
> decompress the data for mixing, then recompress it for transmission.
> During both operations, there is a potential for signal degradation.

Ummm, why??  Unless you can explain some technical reason for this,
looks like about 11 lines to change, +3 for correct log messages, +1 for
a define, +~3 to add it as a nice config option in meetme.conf.

So, in all about... 18 lines worth of code to get it running on any
available codec, configurable from meetme.conf, which IMHO would make a
lot of sense for single-codec systems... especially for G.729 due to
better use of licenses, but for others too, due to load reduction and
improved audio quality...

Of course, I could be missing something obvious, please correct me if
that's the case.