[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4.12 and Asterisk-addons 1.4.3 released

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Tue Oct 2 18:06:25 CDT 2007

> the Asterisk release contains a large number of
> bug fixes for all parts of Asterisk.

I am thankful to see the amount of fixes that have gone into this
release. However, seeing this many fixes does not give me a warm fuzzy
feeling that we won't see a lot more fixes in the near future. So are
bug fixes good or bad? ;-) And more importantly, will any of the
remaining bugs bite me?

Branch 1.4 has one important to us feature that 1.2 does not and that is
the queue autofill option. Because of this one feature, I have been
wanting to switch to the 1.4 branch for some time. We have a backup
system that I will be using for testing. If all goes well, we will move
to the 1.4 branch. I hope many others are doing the same so the
stability of 1.4 can be improved to the point where no one is concerned.

Thanks to all the developers for improving an already great product!

Don Pobanz