[asterisk-users] Queue members, URI.

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Tue Oct 2 12:57:26 CDT 2007

Thomas Kenyon wrote:
> Is there an advantage to having a Queue members URI in the form:
>
> SIP/User  (or indeed IAX2/User)
> Over
> Local/<number>@context
>
> ?
>
> I know that the latter will allow you to do things like set counting
> logic etc. through dialplan operations, but the former appears to be a
> more direct route to calling the party. (and if need be, there is the
> ability in queues to run a script on connection iirc).

In 1.4, you can run an agi script on connection to an agent. In trunk
you can also run a macro upon agent connection. However, we use Local
channels so that we can do more things *before* we dial the Agent's
phone (check Jabber status / check database status etc) so we find it
more useful.

Indeed, someone pointed out on the irc that you *could* have a single
Local/SingleAgent member of a queue and the dialplan itself could
determine the correct / most appropriate agent to send the call to.

Julian.