[asterisk-users] PRI Setup problem

Alvin Austin aan at crlogic.com
Tue Oct 2 02:39:26 CDT 2007

Thanks for all of the good suggestions.  I've been able to get things
working.

I had been trying to use zaptel svn in order to get past error messages
with compiling ztdummy.ko for the 2.6.22 kernel
(http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=10426 which has been apparently been
solved in svn).  Too bleeding edge, I guess. I reverted back to a
tried-and-true kernel (2.6.17), and then compiled the stable 1.4
zaptel/libpri/asterisk/wanpipe versions, and things are happy now.

Regards to all,
Alvin

Stephen Bosch wrote:
 > Alvin Austin wrote:
 >
 >> I've recompiled with the latest svn sources for zaptel, libpri, and
Asterisk.  Wanpipe is 3.3.0.p4.
 >> Switched the T1 cable. Same result.
 >>

 > Hmn -- when you recompiled, did you
 >
 > 1. clean out all the source directories?
 > 2. remove the binaries?
 > 3. recompile in the right order?
 >
 > I'm not sure using SVN is a good idea here. It should work with
"stable" ;)

 > Has the PRI been tested with test equipment? We should make sure
there is a D channel before assuming misconfiguration. I don't think we
can do even a loopback test if there is no D channel...