[asterisk-users] SIP trought Firewall

David Gonzalez dgonzalezh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 19:57:17 CDT 2007

Hi
 suffered that issue since I started that´s the course oif all of us
newbies, noone is willing to help/and even answer, I don't even know if my
messages are being read on this list cause not evena "google for it" i've
received.

I'm now acroos the rive with that problem you're being the victim of an
unconfigured sip_nat.conf, in thre you have to specify you public static ip
or dynamic domain name, your internal lan like 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 and
natt=yes restart asterisk and you're problem will be solved, here's my
config, fell free to copy/paste it but remember to change the lines to suit
you're setup.

nat=yes     ; key line
externip=my.dynamic.hot.tld    ; This is your addres
externrefresh=30 ; some refresh time, still don't know what it does :-P
localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 ; this is the LAN setup, these are the
adress range that you're DHCP NAT device is giving you.
qualify=yes ; I hope you're at least sneaked-peaked Asterisk TFOT and know
what qualify mean.

Try this out and you'll be very happy that people outside your lan will hear
you and you will hear them too.

Thanks for using Asterisk and though supporting OSS the good people that
developed it.

On 10/1/07, Emiliano Vazquez <emilianovazquez at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi to everyone!
>
> I have succerfully instaled my new Asterisk 1.4 on my debian etch.
>
> I have my users in sip.conf like this:
>
> [200]
> type=peer
> host=dynamic
> context=home
> secret=200
> callerid= 200
> dtmfmode=rfc2833
> nat=yes
> mailbox=200 at home
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
>
> I can make calls in my LAN but i can´t ear comunications with another
> client
> trought Internet.
> My Asterisk is in my LAN and i not have a DMZ. I search in the list and
> find
> something about "rtp" ==> rtp.conf. I found rtpstart and rtpend and
> forward
> those Ports on my firewall, but this don´t work for me.
>
> What´s wrong???
>
> If you need some info please tell me.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Emiliano Vazquez.