[asterisk-users] How To Transfer Asterisk Installation to a Different Machine

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Mon Oct 1 13:48:04 CDT 2007

I'm not sure I did it right, but I always just moved the following:

/etc/asterisk/*.conf
/var/spool/asterisk
/var/lib/asterisk
/usr/lib/asterisk (may be unnecessary; only for non-typical modules; see
below)

And I haven't had any problems, assuming all required modules are in the
new /usr/lib/asterisk.  If any are  missing, for example codec_g729a.so,
the missing ones can be grabbed from /usr/lib/asterisk on the old system.

Moj