[asterisk-users] How To Transfer Asterisk Installation to a Different Machine

Robert DeVries rdlists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 13:08:20 CDT 2007

I am having some hardware problems with the Linux machine where I have
Asterisk installed and want to use a different machine.

Assuming I install Asterisk on machine number 2, is it possible to just move
files over from the old machine to the new machine and the new machine will
behave like the old?

Anyone have a list of the files that would need to be moved? (Obviously the
*.conf files in the Asterisk directory, I  can think of some others, but if
someone ever did a list that would be a great help.)