[asterisk-users] Adding new recorded phrases to the release

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Thu Nov 29 13:29:42 CST 2007

This might be a frequently asked question, but how do new sounds get
added to the release?

I was trying to do a "popcorn" extension on my phone (that gives the
date and time... maybe even getting fancy and adjusting for the
caller's timezone based on country  code or area code)... but
didn't have the word "local" or phrase "local time" in the lexicon.

Now if I could just figure out how to grab time current time as UNIX
seconds...  add a small delay to it (like 5, the time it takes to
sound out the time), and then wait  for that time... then play a
sychronizing tone... then I'll be all done:

[popcorn]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,n,SayUnixTime(,Zulu,HNS)
exten => s,n,SayPhonetic(z)