[asterisk-users] Fw: Remove a TDM Card

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Fri Nov 30 10:01:37 CST 2007

Sasa wrote:
> "Tzafrir Cohen" wrote:
>
>> New:
>> loadzone=it
>> defaultzone=it
>> span=1,1,3,ccs,ami
>> bchan=1,2
>> dchan=3
>> span=2,1,3,ccs,ami
>> bchan=4-6
>> dchan=6
>>
>>> ..in zapata.conf I have:
>> ; new part:
>> switchtype=euroisdn
>> signalling = bri_net
>> priindication=outofband
>> group = 1
>> channel => 1-2
>> group = 2
>> channel => 4-5
>
> ..therefore I must only modify zaptel.conf and zapata.conf ?..and I don't
> must unload modules ?
> But when PC started without TDM card isn't a problem that is loaded
> wctdm24xxp module (that is present in rc.modules and rc.modules-2.4.33.3) on
> boot ?
> Thanks.

I think there's been a breakdown in terminology. You do not need to
unload the modules (rmmod wctdm24xxp). However, it sounds like you are
using Slackware, you should (but it won't hurt anything if you don't)
remove the modprobe wctdm24xxp line from your rc.modules file. If you do
not remove it the modprobe will fail because the card cannot be found
but the only result is maybe an error message on boot up.

-Dave