[asterisk-users] IAX complaints? What are they?

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 02:52:59 CST 2007

Hi,

We all know what the principal advantage of IAX is, doing it all on a
single port, right? But now and again I hear complaints about it. What
specific griefs have you had with IAX and has it stopped you from
using it entirely? Under what conditions have you had problems?

I have used SIP and IAX for about three years now. We don't do a lot
of traffic, but I haven't really seen a difference in quality or
dropped calls.

What have others on the list experienced?

tia

randy