[asterisk-users] SLA: Handling of errors in outgoing call

Steve Langstaff steve.langstaff at citel.com
Thu Nov 29 11:31:00 CST 2007

Hi All.

I've been experimenting with SLA on Asterisk 1.4.13 (patched up to
1.4.14).

I am using a SIP channel for my "trunk" line.

On the whole things are good, but I have noticed that if I misdial an
outgoing call,
i.e. I get 404 "Not Found" in the SIP trace, then the trunk line just
drops, rather than
presenting an error tone or message to the user.

========================

Here is my sip.conf (cleaned to protect the innocent):

register => 5000:password:username at vsp5000/5000

[vsp5000]
type=peer
secret=password
username=username
host=vsp.ip.address
fromuser=5000
fromdomain=vsp.domain
canreinvite=no
context=line-in
insecure=very

========================

Here is my sla.conf:

[line1]
type=trunk
device=Local/disa at line1_outbound

[station](!)               ; When there are a lot of stations that are
configured the same way,
                            ; it is convenient to use a configuration
template like this so that
                            ; the common settings stay in one place.
type=station
autocontext=default
trunk=line1
trunk=line2
;trunk=line3
;trunk=line4

[station1](station)
device=SIP/station1

[station2](station)
device=SIP/station2

========================

Here is my extensions.conf:

[macro-call-sla]
;	${ARG1} - line name
exten => s,1,SLATrunk(${ARG1})
exten => s,2,Hangup

[line1_outbound]
exten => disa,1,Disa(no-password|line1_outbound)
exten => _XXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@vsp5000)
exten => _XXXX,2,Hangup

[line-in]
exten => 5000,1,Macro(call-sla,line1)

So to summarise:
	if I seize the line and dial a number known at vsp5000 then I
get ringing etc - good.
	if I seize the line and dial a number unknown at vsp5000 then
the call drops silently - not good.

Any ideas?