[asterisk-users] Shared line appearance phones?

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Nov 28 22:24:27 CST 2007

Ron McCarthy wrote:
> Asterisk 1.4 im guessing? I did not know the Snom's worked with that,
> Ill have to check it out then!

Yes, Asterisk 1.4.  Also, it has been a while since I've used this code with
something other than a Polycom phone, but it should be ok.

The way it is implemented in Asterisk is a bit interesting.  It uses the
existing device state support (hints, BLF) to manage the buttons for shared
lines.  Asterisk changes the state of these virtual "shared lines" to different
states, and the light on the phone reflects the state (in use, ringing, on hold).

So, in theory, any SIP phone that supports SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY to monitor the state
of an extension in Asterisk, it should work with the SLA applications.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer