[asterisk-users] Bad audio quality in 1.4-SVN when encoding to alaw/ulaw

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Wed Nov 28 13:11:09 CST 2007

Bernhard Schmidt wrote:
> I have had very bad call quality as soon as Asterisk needs to encode
> something into alaw/ulaw (choppy sound). I tried two different clients

Check your version of GCC.  If seen posts that pointed me to resolve
this issue.

Under Mandriva 2008, they are using "4.2.2 20070909 (prerelease)".  This
is why I have to stick with Mandriva 2007.1 which is using 4.1.2
20070302 (prerelease).  The transcoding audio was awful!

Doug

--

Ben Franklin quote: