[asterisk-users] To DB or not to DB?

Mindaugas Kezys mkezys at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 12:48:40 CST 2007

Pros:

1. No need to reload Asterisk when you change settings
2. Changes are applied instantly
3. Easy to manage dialplan/users/settings
4. With properly programmed GUI you can give users some self-help services
5. No noticable overhead - dual xeon + 2gb ram does 400 simm. calls
6. You can have your DB on other server, that let's you connect several
Asterisk servers to one DB - unified configuration

Cons:

1. None

Regards/Pagarbiai,
Mindaugas Kezys