[asterisk-users] OT: Best firmware for Linksys Router thatis "SIP AWARE"

Erik Anderson erikerik at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 10:20:36 CST 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 9:44 AM, Dovid B <asteriskusers at dovid.net> wrote:

> So do I. I set SIP to high how ever the calls are still bad. I guess I need
> to read up a bit more on the firmware and how to set it up correctly.

Are the calls poor quality in both directions or on just one of the
"legs" of the call?  Implementing QoS on your router will really only
help network traffic going *out* of your network.  In otherwords, you
can really only affect your upload traffic.

One thing to consider is that you may just have a poor-quality
internet connection.  Have you done a VoIP speed test?  Here's the one
that I use:

http://www.voipreview.org/voipspeedtester.aspx

This sort of test is ideal for VoIP because unlike most other speed
tests, it measures latency, jitter, etc.

-erik