[asterisk-users] Fw: Remove a TDM Card

Sasa sasa at shoponweb.it
Wed Nov 28 09:59:22 CST 2007

Hi, sorry but perhaps I don't have explained clearly my problem...now I have
a box voip that must be replace with another box voip but I want to do test
before remove the old voip from production.

The box voip (named 1) that now is in production have three card, two isdn
card and TDM2400P that I want remove for to install in the new box voip
(named 2).

On the box voip 1 I have:

Asterisk version 1.2.13
The kernel version is: 2.6.19.2

..but on the box voip 2 I have the new asterisk version and kernel.

On box voip 1 I have:

zaptel.conf:
loadzone=it
defaultzone=it
span=2,1,3,ccs,ami
bchan=25-26
dchan=27
span=3,1,3,ccs,ami
bchan=28-29
dchan=30
fxsls=1-24

..in zapata.conf I have:
[channels]
language=it
;Linee ISDN
immediate=no
switchtype=euroisdn
signalling = bri_net
priindication=outofband
group = 1
channel => 25-26
group = 2
channel => 28-29

;Linee tdm
immediate=yes
..
..
cidstart=ring
signalling=fxs_ls
group = 3
channel => 1-5

..and always on box voip 1:

root at voip:~# lsmod
Module                  Size                     Used by
zaphfc                  16796                    6
wctdm24xxp        63552                    5
zaptel                   192132                 26     zaphfc,wctdm24xxp

..in /etc/rc.d/rc.modules:
rc.modules
rc.modules-2.4.33.3

..my problem is how remove TDM Card from voip box 1 without stop this box
voip, if I remove in correctly mode the TDM Card I can configure this card
on new voip box 2 and to do test before of put new box voip in production in
replacement the box voip 1.

The stesp that I think correctly for remove TDM Card:

- remove line configuration about tdm card in zapata.conf and zaptel.conf
- remove in  rc.modules and rc.modules-2.4.33.3 line:
/sbin/modprobe wctdm24xxp && /sbin/ztcfg -vvvvvv
- rmmod wctdm24xxp
- halt
- remove physically card tdm from pc (box voip 1)
- restart box voip 1

..this procedure is ok ?
Thanks !

------