[asterisk-users] Asterisk behind a PIX firewall?

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Wed Nov 28 09:00:01 CST 2007

ST> Trust me on this, I have tried almost everything to get it to
ST> work, the best you can hope for is one way audio in a dual NAT.

ST> The answer has to do with where the packets are sent from and
ST> where they seem to be sent from.

I have a Nokia E70 behind a NAT connecting to an asterisk behind
another NAT. As far as I can tell from tcpdump, the E70 cannot find a
STUN server and therefore does not use STUN. Neither of the NAT's have
SIP support.

This should not work, but somehow it does. Audio goes through without
problems -- as long as canreinvite=no.

/Benny