[asterisk-users] Fw: Remove a TDM Card

Tony Plack Tony at plack.net
Wed Nov 28 08:48:14 CST 2007

> Hi, sorry for my insistence but this is a big problem for me..my
> steps for remove card are ok ? Thanks.
>
> ------
>
> Salvatore.

1.2.13 has some exploits and you should consider running something newer.  1.2 branch has no official support.

However...

You should make sure to load ztdummy in place of your tdm card.  If I remember correctly 1.2 requires a timing source.
modules-2.4.33.3 is for an old kernel and shouldn't apply to the current 2.6.19.2.

Normally the TDM card provides this 1000Hz timing source when available, but ztdummy can mimic this timing from the kernel clock source.

ztdummy may (or may not) have issues with your kernel version as a timing source.  I believe kernel 2.6.21 or better solved a few problems with clock sources.

Other than that, your steps are fine.