[asterisk-users] Asterisk on multi-homed systems

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Wed Nov 28 03:58:55 CST 2007

Greetings list,

I remember a discussion many months ago which ISTR concluded that asterisk didn't play nicely at all in multi-homed setups (e.g. SIP packets not being sent out through the same interface they were received on, etc.).

Is this still the case, or are there versions which have resolved the issue? Even if it's still the case, is this only a problem for SIP, or does it affect asterisk in general?

I have a number of servers with dual NICs, each with an independent net connection. After a few recent failures with one provider, it'd be very useful to be able to use the other connection simultaneously, but only if it's not going to cause problems with the rest of the setup.

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Regards,

Chris
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it