[asterisk-users] Re :Recommendations for 100 Wifi SIP phone

Vidura Senadeera vidurased at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 21:21:39 CST 2007

Hi,

Try http://gigaset.siemens.com/shc/1,1935,hq_en_0_11729_rArNrNrNrN,00.html

you will have good selections there.

Regards,
Vidura Senadeera

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 23:26:54 +0300, sunil at koltelecom.com wrote:

>Hi all,
>

>Im preparing a quote for a 5 Star hotel, planning to have around 100
>SIP Wifi phones for PBX operations running on 100 AccessPoints.
>Network is running in ARUBA Networks - AP70 access points.
>
>The initial recommendation is to go for Hitachi Wifiphones, but i
>would like to know from the group the recommendations. Im planning to
>put up Asterisk as the PBX, Please advice me the do's and donts as i'm
>not experienced on such heavy installation which are mission critical.
>I had been using asterisk on small profiles and this would be my first
>Pro setup with wifi handsets if all goes as planned.
>
>the Key Questions are
>
>Is Asterisk good enough? or do we need a another Proxy like SER?
>
>What is the experience with Hitachi Wifi phone's? Any specific Issues?
>
>Any such installations done? Please do a detail

I had some Hitachi WIP5000 back in early 2006. It looks like a nice
device but it really didn't deliver upon its promise.

The reason to select a wifi phone is that by staying IP end to end you
might gain operational advantages. It should have at least some of the
features of a proper SIP deskset. The WIP5000 did not provide this at
the time. The phones that I used had simple trouble moving  between
access points. Also the volume of the earpiece was very low, even for
use in a quiet office.

I am led to beleive that the new DECT cordless IP devices, like the
system from Aastra Telecom, are currently a better option than wifi
devices.

Michael

--
Michael Graves